General Comments: Cotton was higher on Friday. Trends remain up and the tone of the market remains positive. Current buying is reflecting the fact that merchants need to buy futures to cover on call positions. The weekly On Call report issued on Friday showed that more Cotton needs to be bought in the […]
General Comments: US markets closed a little lower on Friday, but Chicago markets were slightly higher for the week continued dry weather in the US Great Plains. Minneapolis closed a little lower for the week. There are no forecasts for significant precipitation in the Great Plains for now, and drought is seen in […]
Despite speculation that a rise in shale output would test the resolve of the OPEC/Non-OPEC accord, the two players that matter, Saudi Arabia and Russia, appear ready to double down on their production cut strategy. Saudi Energy Minister Khalid Al-Falih and Russian Oil Minister Alexander Novak, in an interview with Bloomberg News, both say that […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- Oil Settles at Two-week Highs
- Your Portfolio: What’s Your Strategy for Returns in 2018?
- Free Markets for Free Men. The Corn & Ethanol Report 02/22/18
- AGMASTER 02/22/18
- Live Cattle Top? The Nemenoff Report 02/22/18
- Rate Rattle. The Energy Report 02/22/18
- A Funny thing happened on the way to the forum with Jerry Gidel [PRICE Links Video]
- The MoneyShow Orlando 2018