Janet Yellen’s swan song or last hurrah as Fed Chief raised Interest Rates ¼ which was anticipated and the verbiage ahead of the new Fed Chair Jerome Powell told a story that the Fed will raise rates only 4 times in 2018. I think that is a stretch, barring any black swan event I will […]Continue Reading →
Financials: March Bonds are currently 7 lower at 153’15, 10 Yr. Notes 5.5 lower at 124’14.0 and 5 Yr. Notes 4.5 lower at 116’13.5. Yesterday the Fed, as expected, raised rates by 25 basis points. In their comments it is perceived that 2018 will bring 3 rate hikes of 25 basis points. The reaction was […]Continue Reading →
Refiners jingle bell rocked out gasoline production to an astounding 10.129 million barrels a day! That exceeded the Energy Information Administrations (EIA) implied gasoline demand number that came in at 9.091 million barrels, apparently up from last week’s Thanksgiving report where most people supposedly stayed home. The production over demand led to 5.7 million barrels […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- Morning Grains Report 01/19/18
- Morning Softs Report 01/19/18
- Government Shutdown & Hypocrisy. The Corn & Ethanol Report 01/19/18
- Explosive. The Energy Report 01/19/18
- Morning Grains Report 01/18/18
- Morning Softs Report 01/18/18
- The Economy is BOOMING! The Corn & Ethanol Report 01/18/18
- Yield Curve Flattens. The Nemenoff Report 01/18/1/