General Comments: Wheat closed higher in all three markets, with the best strength in Winter Wheat contracts. There was a news story out about a nuclear cloud that formed in Russia a couple of months ago, and this created some buying interest. However, the market remains quiet ad mostly stable overall, with the […]
General Comments: Cotton was higher again in early trading, but could not hold and closed lower for the day. It was a disappointing day fr bullish traders who had hoped for the market to hold better than it did after the breakout higher on Monday. Trends turned up on the charts on Monday […]
We kickoff the day with Advanced Durable Goods and Initial Jobless Claims at 7:30 A.M., EIA Energy Stocks at 9:30 A.M.,EIA Gas Storage at 11:00 A.M. followed by Cold Storage and Dairy Product Sales at 2:00 P.M. It seems to be they are trying to thread the needle and put all these reports ahead of […]Continue Reading →
Business and users of oil that did not buy into the lower for longer talk are giving thanks this Thanksgiving for having hedged their oil, gasoline and diesel purchases. Suddenly, the oil glut that many had predicted would last forever has suddenly turned into a very tight market. Oil futures are in contango for the […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- Morning Grains Report 03/23/18
- Morning Softs Report 03/23/18
- Free Markets for Free Men. The Corn & Ethanol Report 03/23/18
- Trade Tiffs and Crazy Cuts. The Energy Report 03/23/18
- Morning Grains Report 03/22/18
- Morning Softs Report 03/22/2018
- Tariffs Latest Market Jitters. The Corn & Ethanol Report 03/22/18
- Fed Raises Rates, Cattle on Feed. The Nemenoff Report 03/22/18