• 26-Oct-2017 03:23:19 AM – CHINA SETS 2018 WHEAT IMPORT QUOTA OF 9.64 MLN TONNES – STATE PLANNER
• 26-Oct-2017 03:23:36 AM – CHINA SETS 2018 CORN IMPORT QUOTA OF 7.2 MLN TONNES – STATE PLANNER
• 26-Oct-2017 03:23:52 AM – CHINA SETS 2018 RICE IMPORT QUOTA OF 5.32 MLN […]
General Comments: Cotton was mixed in consolidation trading. Nearby months were lower as the US harvest shows progress, but deferred months were a little higher as the market thinks about better demand and potentially some crop losses. The Texas weather could get cold enough to freeze the crops and some Cotton could be […]
The Bank of Canada kept Interest Rates unchanged after hikes in July and last month. This strategy is showing a more cautious approach as their economy is heating up and they do not want to throw a curveball this early in the economic recovery. Here in the U.S. investors are pondering who will be the […]Continue Reading →
Written 10/26/17 NOV SOYBEANS Sterling exports have been doing battle with the harvest pressure of the US’s biggest ever bean crop (4.4 – 4.5 BB) – which has produced a sideways trade since mid-Aug – albeit with an upward bias! With the harvest almost ¾ done, the “old wives tale” says the lows are in! […]Continue Reading →
Financials: Dec. Bonds are currently 0’17 higher at 151’14, 10 Yr. Notes 0’05.5 higher at 124’20.0 and 5 Yr. Notes 0’02.5 higher at 117’01.2. The markets await decision on choice for Fed Chairmanship with the betting favorite now being John Taylor who appears to be more hawkish on rates than 2nd favorite current Fed Chair […]Continue Reading →
Winter worries may start early as supply of distillate and natural gas are the tightest they have been in years with winter ahead. While in recent years Mother Nature has bailed out these markets with warmer than normal winters, this year even a normal winter could drive prices higher. Already the Energy Information Administration (EIA) […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- Oil Settles at Two-week Highs
- Your Portfolio: What’s Your Strategy for Returns in 2018?
- Free Markets for Free Men. The Corn & Ethanol Report 02/22/18
- AGMASTER 02/22/18
- Live Cattle Top? The Nemenoff Report 02/22/18
- Rate Rattle. The Energy Report 02/22/18
- A Funny thing happened on the way to the forum with Jerry Gidel [PRICE Links Video]
- The MoneyShow Orlando 2018