DJ USDA Report: Summary for Grain Stocks, Wheat Production
WASHINGTON–Following are key numbers from the USDA’s crop report Friday and how the government’s estimates compared to analysts’ forecasts in a Wall Street Journal survey.
U.S. Stockpiles on Sept. 1, 2017 (million bushels)
Actual Average USDA
USDA Forecast Range June 2017 Sept. […]
A beautiful Monday morning and we start of the day with reports of Construction Spending and ISM Manufacturing Index at 9:00 A.M., followed by Export Inspections at 10:00 A.M. with Cotton System, Fats & Oils and Grain crushing at 2:00 P.M. and weekly Crop Progress at 3:00 P.M. In the overnight electronic session the December […]Continue Reading →
General Comments: Cotton was lower, but prices remain in a trading range overall. Ideas are that the weather is good for maturing crops and harvest activities. The harvest ahead seems to be the most important factor as USDA is expecting a huge crop, but storms have damaged production potential since the last report […]
Oil prices are falling on reports of rising OPEC oil production but mainly because of a rising dollar. Reports that Nigerian and Libyan oil production increased caused some selling as well as a report by Baker Hughes that showed the U.S. oil rig count rise by 6 even as the natural gas rig count fell […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- Unemployment Data This Morning. The Corn & Ethanol Report 12/08/17
- What slowdown? The Energy Report 12/08/17
- Analysts expect these energy stocks to rise the most in 2018 as oil rebounds
- Oil prices recover on GDP gains in Europe, U.S. labor
- Rare December Injection No Surprise For NatGas Futures as Bears Already in Control
- 76 Years Ago Today A Day That Will Live in Infamy. The Corn & Ethanol Report 12/07/17
- Silver turns slightly lower for the year. The Nemenoff Report 12/07/17
- Home for The Holiday. The Energy Report 12/07/17