The following CME Group margins are changing at the close of business today: Crude Oil Combined Commodity Period 1 Period Code 1 Old Margin New Margin Margin Change NY-CL 1 Sep’17 2,500 2,400 -100 NY-CL 2 Oct’17 2,500 2,375 -125 NY-CL 3 Nov’17 2,450 2,350 -100 NY-CL 4 Dec’17 2,425 2,325 -100 NY-CL 5 Jan’18 […]Continue Reading →
General Comments: US markets were lower as some forecasts for rains were made for in parts of the Dakotas and into Minnesota. Minneapolis Spring Wheat markets were hit the hardest by selling once again. After the close, the Spring Wheat tour noted below average production potential in the eastern Dakotas and western Minnesota. […]
General Comments: Cotton was higher yesterday in reaction to the USDA crop reports released Monday afternoon. USDA showed crop deterioration due mostly to bad weather conditions in the Texas Panhandle and into the Southwest and Far West. The market is still trying to complete a bottom on the daily charts. Weather forecasts call […]
Oil prices had its biggest up move of the year, rising 3.3% on lower supply and higher demand. I don’t mean to be so fundamental about the fundamentals, but in truth, that’s why we soared! Oil prices surged even before the American Petroleum Report (API) reported another massive crude oil crude withdrawal. The 10.23-million-barrel draw, […]Continue Reading →
This morning we have June Home Sales at 9:00 A.M., EIA Energy Stocks at 9:30 A.M., Dairy Product Sales at 2:00 P.M., FOMC Meeting and more Earnings. On the Corn front the market is fighting on a lesser percentage of good to excellent rating, weather and carryover from last year. The Grain complex was a […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- U.S. Drought Monitor in December? The Corn & Ethanol Report 12/15/17
- Bubblenomics. The Energy Report 12/15/17
- FED Raises Rates. The Corn & Ethanol Report 12/14/17
- Fed Raises Rates. The Nemenoff Report 12/14/17
- Gas Crazy. The Energy Report 12/14/17
- Happy Hanukkah. The Corn & Ethanol Report 12/13/17
- Its Beginning to Look a lot like Rate Hikes. The Energy Report 12/13/17
- Crop Production USDA Supply/Demand Today. The Corn & Ethanol Report 12/12/17