DJ U.S. Export Sales: Weekly Sales Totals-Jul 20
For the week ended Jul 13, in thousand metric tons, except cotton in
thousand running bales. Net changes in commitments are gross sales,
less cancellations, buy-backs and other downward adjustments. Total
commitments are total export shipments plus total sales.
The marketing year […]
General Comments: Cotton was mostly a little lower yesterday in quiet trading. The market is still trying to complete a bottom on the daily charts. Some more support was seen in the market due to forecasts for hot and dry weather that are causing some crop stress to continue in parts of Texas […]
Busy morning starting at 7:30 A.M. with Exports Sales, Initial Jobless Claims and Producer Price Index (PPI). The weekly EIA Gas Storage will follow at 9:30 A.M. Also the European Central Bank (ECB) kept their Interest Rates in check and the U.S. dollar is continuing to gain ground after being in sell off mode. The […]Continue Reading →
Financials: Sept. Bonds are currently 2 higher at 154’00, 10 Yr. Notes 1 higher at 126’02.5 and 5 Yr. Notes 0.5 higher at 118’04.7. The market has advanced slightly over the last week. I am still overall negative on these markets believing that rates will eventually creep higher as the economy continues to recover albeit […]Continue Reading →
Major oil draw and a Saudi Arabian coup? The Energy Information Administration (EIA) reported another major 4.727-million-barrel drawdown in crude supply even as US shale production rebounded last week causing US oil production to rise to 9.43 million barrels per day, up from 9.4 million barrels which puts it at a two-year high. We know […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- U.S. Drought Monitor in December? The Corn & Ethanol Report 12/15/17
- Bubblenomics. The Energy Report 12/15/17
- FED Raises Rates. The Corn & Ethanol Report 12/14/17
- Fed Raises Rates. The Nemenoff Report 12/14/17
- Gas Crazy. The Energy Report 12/14/17
- Happy Hanukkah. The Corn & Ethanol Report 12/13/17
- Its Beginning to Look a lot like Rate Hikes. The Energy Report 12/13/17
- Crop Production USDA Supply/Demand Today. The Corn & Ethanol Report 12/12/17