DJ U.S. Export Sales: Weekly Sales Totals – Apr 13
For the week ended Apr 6, in thousand metric tons, except cotton in
thousand running bales. Net changes in commitments are gross sales,
less cancellations, buy-backs and other downward adjustments. Total
commitments are total export shipments plus total sales.
NO COMMENTS NEXT MONDAY OR TUESDAY. THE COMMENTS WILL RESUME ON WEDNESDAY COTTON
General Comments: Cotton closed a little lower as some liquidated positions before the long weekend. Traders will keep an eye on the export sales reports and the overall weather conditions for clues to the price direction, but the strong demand should […]
The North Korean Lilliputian warns of a big event today as the Carl Vinson strike force steams towards the Korean Peninsula. The dictator also has plans to detonate a nuclear bomb Saturday to mark the “Day of the Sun”. This boy is playing with fire with China’s posturing on the border and Navy Seals who […]Continue Reading →
While the energy markets are focused on crude and crude alone, the total U.S. petroleum stocks have been tightening more significantly. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) reported that the total commercial petroleum stocks fell 4.7 million barrels compared to a 6.9 million barrel increase a year ago. In fact, if you compare year over year […]Continue Reading →
[George Orwell, DTN Energy] New York Mercantile Exchange oil futures settled mixed on Wednesday afternoon amid profit-taking following oversold market conditions after the spot-month West Texas Intermediate crude contract rallied for six straight sessions. After advancing to fresh highs overnight, oil futures faded to trade on either side of unchanged. Nearest delivered WTI futures reached […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- Deliveries Notices – Cotton/Metals/Energies/Grains/Sugar/Notes
- Rains Make Grain Not Only in Spain. The Corn & Ethanol Report 06/23/17
- Downgraded! The Energy Report 06/23/17
- Tropical Storm Cindy Adding Spice to the Markets. The Corn & Ethanol Report 06/22/17
- Long term rates fall as short term rates edge higher. The Nemenoff Report 06/22/17
- Meltdown Madness! The Energy Report 06/22/17
- Gulf of Mexico Storm Cindy Disrupts Shipping, Crude Imports
- 4 things to know about Saudi Arabia’s new crown prince