General Comments: Wheat closed lower despite strong weekly export sales as the market concentrated on the weather and improved crop development conditions in the Great Plains. US export demand has remained strong and should remain strong into the next harvest. There is talk now about some dry conditions in Europe and also in […]
General Comments: Cotton futures were mixed to lower in quiet trading. The move came despite a nother week of good export sales. The sales were less than in recent weeks, but still strong. Trends have turned down again as the market seems more interested in new crop production potential. US farmers plan to […]
President Donald Trump, launching air strikes on Syria overnight, sent a strong message that the U.S. will react quickly and decisively when another country uses chemical weapons. The response establishes that the U.S. will not tolerate the use of such weapons and will not make empty threats when it comes to crossing that line. For […]Continue Reading →
This morning the first Friday of the month we have Unemployment and Wholesale Trade at 7:30 A.M. and Consumer Credit at 2:00 P.M. The Stock Market is bouncing back after the selloff due to the U.S. missile strike on Syria for using weapons of mass destruction on its own civilians. Crude Oil shot up to […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- Deliveries Notices – Cotton/Metals/Energies/Grains/Sugar/Notes
- Rains Make Grain Not Only in Spain. The Corn & Ethanol Report 06/23/17
- Downgraded! The Energy Report 06/23/17
- Tropical Storm Cindy Adding Spice to the Markets. The Corn & Ethanol Report 06/22/17
- Long term rates fall as short term rates edge higher. The Nemenoff Report 06/22/17
- Meltdown Madness! The Energy Report 06/22/17
- Gulf of Mexico Storm Cindy Disrupts Shipping, Crude Imports
- 4 things to know about Saudi Arabia’s new crown prince