Written 04/04/17 MAY SOYBEANS The world is awash in soybeans & the key USDA Reports in March certainly substantiated that! As a result, May Beans lost 92 cents for the month. The Mar 9 Report raised Brazil Beans to 108 MMT (104) & the Mar 31 Report raised US acres to 89.5 MA (LY-83) in […]Continue Reading →
DJ U.S. Export Sales: Weekly Sales Totals-Apr 6
For the week ended Mar 30, in thousand metric tons, except cotton in
thousand running bales. Net changes in commitments are gross sales,
less cancellations, buy-backs and other downward adjustments. Total
commitments are total export shipments plus total sales.
The marketing year […]
General Comments: Cotton futures closed mostly a shade higher in consolidation trading. Trends have turned down again, but the market did not see much in the way of follow through selling. US farmers plan to plant much more Cotton than they did last year. Planting is underway and planted area could be huge […]
As a reminder…Monday, April 10th is the First Notice Day for the April Live Cattle after the close of business. Anyone LONG the April Live Cattle on Mon Apr 10th after the close will be at risk of taking delivery. To avoid this risk, we ask that you roll or liquidate your April Live Cattle […]Continue Reading →
Is Speaker of the House Paul Ryan the new doctor of doom? Once again, the speaker of the house changed the markets course just by opening his mouth. The last time was March 22nd when the speaker raised concerns about the ability to get the American Health Care Act (or AHCA) through the so-called Freedom […]Continue Reading →
Initial Jobless Claims and Export Sales at 7:30 A.M. followed by the EIA Gas Storage and the announcement of corporate layoffs. On the Grain front we have a mixed bag of tricks this morning with Soybean and the Crush markets trading a tad higher while Corn and Wheat are trading a tad lower. In the […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- Deliveries Notices – Cotton/Metals/Energies/Grains/Sugar/Notes
- Rains Make Grain Not Only in Spain. The Corn & Ethanol Report 06/23/17
- Downgraded! The Energy Report 06/23/17
- Tropical Storm Cindy Adding Spice to the Markets. The Corn & Ethanol Report 06/22/17
- Long term rates fall as short term rates edge higher. The Nemenoff Report 06/22/17
- Meltdown Madness! The Energy Report 06/22/17
- Gulf of Mexico Storm Cindy Disrupts Shipping, Crude Imports
- 4 things to know about Saudi Arabia’s new crown prince