General Comments: Wheat closed lower on more selling related to forecasts for increased chances for precipitation over the next couple of weeks. The export sales report was strong, but wire reports indicated that world Wheat prices were weaker yesterday. Overall US Wheat prices are very competitive in the world market. Trends are down […]
General Comments: Cotton futures closed slightly lower after trading higher in the first part of the day. The market was anticipating another strong week of export demand and the trade got what it was looking for as the sales were in fact very strong once again. Cotton remains mostly a demand story as […]
As a reminder…Wednesday March 29th is the Last Trading Day for ALL the March Metals (Gold, Silver, Copper, mini-Gold, mini-Silver, EMICRO Gold, COMEX 1000oz Silver, Platinum & Palladium). Wed Mar 29th is also the Last Trading Day for the April NYMEX Natural Gas in NY. We ask that you do not wait until the last […]Continue Reading →
The market is gearing up for round three of the great debate with the blowhards or in Chicago as we say why we call it the Windy City. I anticipate another stall or as the U.S. Marines motto besides Semper Fidelis is “Hurry up and Wait”. Regardless of the outcome having government involvement in are […]Continue Reading →
Oil prices sold off after the Trump Administration did not close the deal on the American Healthcare Act and delayed the vote until today. Oil today is bouncing back on growing expectations that OPEC will lay the groundwork for an extension of production cuts this Sunday at its technical meeting in Kuwait. OPEC has ridden […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- Deliveries Notices – Cotton/Metals/Energies/Grains/Sugar/Notes
- Rains Make Grain Not Only in Spain. The Corn & Ethanol Report 06/23/17
- Downgraded! The Energy Report 06/23/17
- Tropical Storm Cindy Adding Spice to the Markets. The Corn & Ethanol Report 06/22/17
- Long term rates fall as short term rates edge higher. The Nemenoff Report 06/22/17
- Meltdown Madness! The Energy Report 06/22/17
- Gulf of Mexico Storm Cindy Disrupts Shipping, Crude Imports
- 4 things to know about Saudi Arabia’s new crown prince