[Myra Saefong, MarketWatch] Oil futures climbed back toward session highs on Thursday following reports of violence near Libya’s biggest oil terminal. Bloomberg reported that workers were evacuated from the Es Sider oil port as fighting escalated nearby. East Libyan forces said they carried out air strikes and clashed with rival factions Friday close to major […]Continue Reading →
• 02-Mar-2017 06:10:23 AM – EUROPEAN COMMISSION FORECASTS 2017 EU SOFT WHEAT PRODUCTION AT 143.0 MLN T, UP 6.5 PCT FROM 2016
• 02-Mar-2017 06:11:08 AM – EUROPEAN COMMISSION FORECASTS 2017 EU BARLEY PRODUCTION AT 62.7 MLN T, UP 5.0 PCT FROM 2016
• 02-Mar-2017 06:11:53 AM – EUROPEAN COMMISSION […]
DJ Global Food Prices Edge Higher in February — FAO
By Ed Ballard
Buoyant grain markets kept world food prices at their highest level in almost two years last month, the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization said Thursday.
The FAO’s food price index climbed 0.5% in February and stood 17% higher than […]
Charles Evans president and chief executive officer of the Chicago Fed speaks in New York today while Janet Yellen speaks at a luncheon in Chicago today. We could hear some more hawkish overtones of raising Interest Rates at the FOMC Meeting March 14 and 15th with the announcement on Wednesday the 15th. Most believe there […]Continue Reading →
Oil prices saw weakness as disappointing compliance numbers from Russia shook the faith in the long-term viability of OPEC production cuts. Even as OPEC compliance is at an astonishing 94% compliance rate, there are some concerns that the cheating Russians and rising shale output may cause fissures in the OPEC/non-OPEC pack. Even when predicting strong […]Continue Reading →
SubscribeReceive daily summaries of all Market Insights blog posts.
Enter email below.
Most Recent Posts
- Morning Softs. 08/16/17
- U.S. plans sale from Strategic Petroleum Reserve
- Housing Starts and Permits & EIA Energy Stocks. The Corn & Ethanol Report 08/16/17
- Crude Draws Continue. The Energy Report 08/16/17
- Oil prices move lower on seasonal pressures
- Morning Grains. 08/15/17
- Morning Softs. 08/15/17
- Crop Progress Seen Unchanged. The Corn & Ethanol Report 08/15/17